“ You gotta spend Elixir to make Elixir! This building makes 8 Elixir over its Lifetime. Does not appear in your starting hand.”
Elixir Collector is unlocked from Arena 8 (Frozen Peak). Elixir Collector is a card that is the only one in the game that gives you access to more Elixir. It is typically used in expensive decks that need to bank Elixir for large pushes, or Fireball bait decks.
The Elixir Collector is used in heavy decks, especially Golem, or Fireball bait decks like Three Musketeers. Recently, Elixir Collector has also seen minimal play in X-Bow decks.
For expensive beatdown decks, the Elixir Collector is used to bank Elixir for large pushes, and to accumulate an Elixir advantage that can be capitalized in double Elixir time. Now that the Elixir Collector no longer appears in your starting hand, you need to cycle through first to find it. Use them throughout the mid-game to build an advantage. When you reach double Elixir, there is normally no need to play more Collectors.
In Fireball bait decks, the Elixir Collector is placed with the hope that your opponent will play Fireball to counter it. Then you can follow up with cards like Magic Archer, Barbarians or Three Musketeers. All of these cards can get you massive value if you can bait the Fireball. Make sure to place your Collector near your tower with the least amount of damage.
There are two ways three ways to counter the Elixir Collector:
- Heavy Spells
- Rocket, Earthquake, Lightning, and Fireball can counter the Collector and get tower damage
- Make sure to hit the tower and units if possible
- The Miner is the best counter to the Elixir Collector
- He can gain an Elixir advantage, but if you place him near the King Tower he will survive and activate it
- Don’t be afraid to use a spell to take out defending swarm cards
- If your opponent is sending miner, place your Collector in between the two towers
- As soon as your opponent plays the Elixir Collector, they will be at 4 Elixir
- You must use this opportunity to rush their tower
- Have a spell ready for the cheap units that they will have to play