Hey guys! Today I will be talking about the 101st card coming in Season 16 of Clash Royale: The Electro Spirit!
Let’s jump right in!
- The Electro Spirit is a Common Card which costs 1 elixir.
- It is the cheapest card in the game (along with Skeletons, Ice Spirit and Heal Spirit) making it one of the best cycle cards in the game.
- Electro Spirit jumps onto the nearest target (both ground and air) and chain attacks up to 9 targets while stunning them (similar to the attack of the Electro Dragon).
“Jumps on enemies, dealing Area Damage and stunning up to 9 enemy troops. Locked in an eternal battle with Knight for the best mustache.”
|First Hit Time||0.2 sec|
|Stun Duration||0.5 sec|
|Chained Hit Radius||4|
|Chained Hit Targets||9|
The eSpirit has the same Hit points as that of the Ice Spirit, hence all the interactions (with to respect to their Hit points) would remain the same.
eSpirit + 1 Spell:
Note: All values are at Tournament Standard aka level 9. Card with low HP are not repeated for Higher Damage Spells. eSpirit + Spell combos which didn’t kill any new troops which didn’t already die to the spell are excluded (Arrows, Poison).
- eSpirit alone: 82 damage
Kills: Skeletons, Bats.
- eSpirit + Tornado: 152 damage
Kills: Fire Spirits, Spear Goblins
- eSpirit + Freeze: 176 damage
- eSpirit + Snowball/Zap: 241 damage
Kills: Lava Pups, Minions, Ice Spirit, Heal Spirit, Rascal Girls, Dart Goblin, Spear Goblin
- eSpirit + Barbarian Barrel: 282 damage
Kills: Archers, Firecracker, Wall Breakers
- eSpirit + The Log: 322 damage
Kills: Elixir Blobs
- eSpirit + Fireball: 654 damage
Kills: Electro Wizard, Ice Wizard, Musketeer, Wizard
Electro Spirit vs Ice Spirit:
Ice Spirit is the closest thing to the Electro Spirit in the game right now. A lot of decks will be switching from iSpirit to eSpirit once it is released, so it is good to differentiate between these two cards, know their pros and cons, and understand which card would be better in a particular situation.
- The iSpirit deals more damage than the eSpirit (91 damage vs 82 damage, which is 11% more than the latter). On the other hand, due to eSpirit’s chain attack vs iSpirit’s splash attack, eSpirit has potential to deal more damage depending on the no. of troops on the map.
- The iSpirit stuns for 1 sec while the eSpirit stuns for 0.5 sec. However, eSpirit gives more value as it can stun up to 9 targets while iSpirit’s stun is limited to targets in its small radius.
- From the above two points, it’s clear that Ice Spirit is better than Electro Spirit when they are up against fewer troops, especially 1v1 interactions. However, when there are more troops on the map (and if they are spaced slightly away from each other) eSpirit outshines iSpirit and provides a lot more value and utility.
- Similar to the Electro Dragon, the Electro Spirit’s chain attack can be used to activate enemy King Tower. However, since the eSpirit chains thrice the number of targets than the eDrag, it is much easier for the opponent to activate it, without worrying a lot about the card placement.
- Thus, sending an eSpirit alone to a Princess Tower is not a good idea as the opponent can easily do King Activation and put you at a disadvantage. Conversely, send an iSpirit alone is a good play.
This section will be covering my feelings about this card and how it will affect the game. Take it with a grain of salt XD.
For starters, let’s clear one thing: there’s no doubt that the Electro Spirit will be a strong and a popular card in the meta. This has nothing to do with its abilities, this is just because of the 1 elixir cost.
It’s a well-known fact that 1 elixir cards are one of the strongest cards in Clash Royale, at any given point in time. They provide too much value for their as well as the ability too cycle. Now, couple this with the eSpirit’s abilities, and we have a potentially OP card in the game. I won’t be surprised if it receives a nerf in next season’s balance changes.
eSpirit will most likely be replacing iSpirit in most decks, and players will have to choose between these two cards, depending on which card they are more comfortable using. eSpirit might also show up in beatdown decks, because its ability to reset those pesky Inferno Dragons and Inferno Towers is quite good.
But was an Electro Spirit really needed in the game?
The Electro spirit is the card Clash Royale deserves, but not the one it needs right now. Another spirit, another 1 elixir card or another ‘stun’ card wasn’t really needed in the game, what we did need was a card to keep Spell bait (which has taken control over the meta) to be kept at bay.
The eSpirit does provide a good way to balance the game, but it does so while tilting in another direction. A card which could help reduce spell bait and make the game interesting and fresh would’ve been great but we unfortunately don’t have any such viable card right now (*cough* eGiant *cough*).
That’s all folks! Hope you guys enjoyed reading this article. A guide to with the best tips and decks to win in the upcoming Electro Spirit challenge will be published soon.