“As pretty as they are, you won’t want a parade of THESE balloons showing up on the horizon. Drops powerful bombs and when shot down, crashes dealing area damage.”
The Balloon is unlocked from Arena 6 (Builder’s Workshop). The Balloon targets buildings and drops devastating bombs. When killed, it drops another bomb that is perfect for taking out defensive troops.
Strategies for Using Balloon
The Balloon can be a very frustrating card to play against due it’s the tendency to get damage in with a sliver of health remaining. Defending against the Balloon is quite an investment and must be done carefully due to probable Freeze. Also, half the battle is keeping up with the fast cycle of Balloon decks. Make sure to anticipate this and keep counters prepared and keep them going down the lane you are trying to defend. Here are some tips to defend against the Balloon.
- Rocket can be a very good counter but has some complexities.
- Aiming the Rocket can be tough. Try to use the shadow of the Balloon, and try to place it farther ahead than you think. A surprise Rage spell can speed it up and make it narrowly miss.
- The Rocket will not kill the Baloon outright, be careful of Miners and Freeze.
- Another benefit of placing the Rocket ahead of the Balloon is that it will push it away from your tower.
- Buildings can distract the Balloon and make it travel further.
- Ensure that it will go towards buildings by placing them closer too it.
- You will typically need another troop to help.
- Certain troops can take out the Balloon easily, but a combination works the best.
- Watch out for your opponent’s spells. Spread troops out as much as possible.
- Powerful ranged units like Executioner work, but Ram Rider, Electro Wizard, and Ice Wizard and Tornado work well. Tornado, in general, is very good for pulling it away.
- The Balloon is often paired with a tank, especially Miner, Ice Golem and Lumberjack.
- Try pulling these units away and focusing on the Balloon.
Best Decks for Balloon
Balloon decks struggle against decks that are able to keep up with their cycle or have Rocket. Obviously, decks with a multitude of air counters do well.