“Runs fast, shoots far and chews gum. How does he blow darts with a mouth full of Double Trouble gum? Years of didgeridoo lessons.”
Dart Goblin is unlocked from Arena 9 (Jungle Arena). Dart Goblin is a low-cost ranged unit with high movement speed and firing rate and is able to chip the tower if left unattended.
Strategies for using Dart Goblin
Dart Goblin is a unit that can control the entire match against the right decks and proper usage. By using it’s long-range, you can eliminate threats from a distance. His ability to get chip damage is also valuable. From the river, he can do 400 Damage at full health, and 200 even if he only has a sliver of health remaining. This can be very annoying to deal with and can make your opponent overspend on countering him.
When defending, you want to place him out of the way, alone, and sometimes on the other side of the arena. Do not put him with other cheap units to prevent your opponent from getting extra spell damage.
Although the Dart Goblin is formidable at defending, he becomes even better when he is paired with another cheap unit. Here are some examples:
- The Dart Goblin can defend against a Balloon by himself, but the death damage will still hit the tower
- If you pair it with the Ice Spirit, that Balloon won’t touch your tower
- A Balloon is rarely sent in alone, make sure to have a swarm or tank-killer to take care of the Lumberjack, Ice Golem, or Miner
- When paired with an Ice Golem or Skeletons, a Dart Goblin can completely shut down Elite Barbarians
- If your opponent plays an Ice Golem- Graveyard push, you can place a Dart Goblin to help destroy the Skeletons, while another troop takes out some Skeletons and the Ice Golem
Offensively, the Dart Goblin is typically not used in conjunction with other units in big pushes because one Log, Fireball, or Arrows can take all of them out. He is typically used in combination with other small troops like Ice Spirit, Miner or Goblin Barrel. When used with Ice Spirit or a Goblin Barrel you need to ensure that their Log is out of the rotation.
Example Decks for Dart Goblin
The Dart Goblin is typically found in Bait decks, as a card that functions similar to the Princess.
Dart Goblin is very good against Graveyard, Skeleton Army, Princess, and Minions. It excels at out ranging other cheap units and being able to counter by getting chip damage on the tower.
Best Replacements for Dart Goblin
Dart Goblin is a fairly unique card but can be replaced by other ranged units. However, they either lack his speed or his ability to chip.