“It rolls over and damages anything in its path, then breaks open and out pops a Barbarian! How did he get inside?!”
Barbarian Barrel is unlocked from Arena 3 (Barbarian Bowl). The Barbarian Barrel rolls forwards a short distance, then releases one Barbarian.
Strategies for Using Barbarian Barrel
The Barbarian Barrel sacrifices damage and area of effect for the benefit of spawning a Barbarian after it’s rolling. This separates it from other small spells and gives it unique characteristics.
Advantages of the Barbarian Barrel:
- The Barbarian Barrel is great on defense, especially at taking out support troops
- It can kite air units in desperation
- Counters Goblin Barrel perfectly, and can take out any support for it
- Better for cycling that other small spells due to Barbarian
- Singular Barbarian can do decent damage to Princess Towers, and serve as mini-tank
- Unable to deal damage to the opponent’s tower
- Can’t support your pushes like Zap or Snowball
- Unable to knock back troops, stop charging units
- Unable to kill Princess, Dart Goblin, and Rascal Girls in one hit
The characteristics make the Barbarian barrel great on defense, but not very impactful on offense depending on the deck. (Besides Graveyard or big tank decks that use it as a mini-tank or Inferno Distractor.) Due to this, some decks that use the Barbarian Barrel will also pack another small spell.
The Barbarian Barrel can do much more than killing swarms though. It can easily take care of singular support units with help from the tower. Make sure to time it correctly so it damages the unit, and engages it before it starts damaging your tower. The Barbarian Barrel can also kite units, especially the Baby Dragon and Mega Minion. Make sure to place it so the Barbarian spawns close to the river and one tile in the opposite lane.
Best Decks for Barbarian Barrel
Best Replacements for Barbarian Barrels
The Barbarian Barrel can be replaced by many other small spells, but they don’t the same defensive ability. The Log is the most obvious replacement, but Snowball also works.