When should I attack the King’s Tower?
I know that most new players in Clash Royale want to destroy the King’s Tower right after taking down a Crown Tower because of the instant win. Player, who can take down the King’s Tower at first, will immediately win the battle. But is it worth it to do that? I am going to explain everything about this in this guide.
At first, let’s take a look at these facts:
- The King’s Tower’s HP (Health Points) is much greater than the Arena Towers. In fact, the HP of the King’s Tower is over 60% greater than one Arena Tower!
- Usually, it is much safer to win by either destroying one or two Arena Towers and by playing good defense to prevent your opponent from destroying two of your Arena Towers.
- The King is in “sleep mode” when the battle begins, which means that he will not assist you on defense with his cannon as long as he is sleeping. In order for the King to wake, one of the following must happen:
- One of the Arena Towers is destroyed.
- The King’s Tower would have to be attacked. If both of the Arena Towers are still up and the King’s Tower is damage, then that will awaken the King.
Don’t attach the King’s Tower first
Note: Avoid attacking the King’s Tower if you have not destroyed an Arena Tower! As this will awaken your opponent’s King on defense, and he will start firing at your troops with his cannon. Thus, make sure when you’re dropping area damage cards such as Fireball or Arrows, avoid touching the King’s Tower! Inflicting damage onto the King’s Tower before taking out an Arena Tower is one of the biggest mistakes new players make and this makes a very big difference in battles.
Do attach the Arena Tower first
After you have destroyed an Arena Tower, you must decide whether to destroy the second Arena Tower or destroy the King’s Tower. Most of the time it is better to attack the second Arena Tower as it has significantly less HP than the King’s Tower and is also closer in distance. Usually, the only time you should pursue attacking the King’s Tower instead of the second Arena Tower is if the King’s Tower is at a lower HP. Or if your opponent is in the lead by destroying two of your towers and you are low on time, then you need to make the quick decision of whether to go for the win by destroying the King’s Tower, or play it safe and go for the second Arena Tower to end the battle in draw or force overtime. Don’t worry, I’ll teach you how to make these smart choices soon.
Okay, I hope this small Clash Royale tip can help you improve the quality of your battle. If you find this helpful, please share it with your friends and Clan members. Cheers!