Elixir Advantage Trick – Secret to Winning the Battle
Hello my friends, in this guide, we are going to discuss about the Elixir Advantage, the most important factor in Clash Royale. I will also mention couples of things you are probably doing, both good and bad ways, help you be more conscious of your play style and make you a much better player.
As we all know, both players will receive the same amount of Elixir throughout the battle time and the Cards will go back and forth. It’s very hard to destroy a Tower in game since it’s the goal every player targets. The best time to destroy a Tower is obviously when it is not protected. One way is to simply bait a tower into being undefended then steal it (Goblin Barrel, Prince,…). However, If you can kill high Elixir cards, you will have lots of Elixir to use and your opponent just can’t afford to defend against them. Defeating your enemy to gain more Elixir to have an advantage over enemy.
For example: Drop the Arrows card onto the Goblin Barrel, If you can do it right, your tower will just take the 30 damage from the Barrel and 0 damage from the Goblins. 3 Elixir for 4 Elixir, that’s a gain of 1 Elixir for you. Do it couples of times in the battle and you can earn a few free cards to knock down the enemy Towers (obviously). There are plenty of ways to spend your Elixir but as far as I can see, 5 Elixirs is enough to take down a tower (Balloon, Prince,…).
Yes! You got it! Make enough Elixir trades and you will have enough Elixir to destroy the Tower and win the battle. This is the most reliable way to win Battles in Clash Royale. The secret to winning in Clash Royale is gain more Elixir from your enemy.
Proactive cards and Reactive Cards
- Do not talk about Elixir Advantage Trick.
- Do not talk about Elixir Advantage Trick.
- Never waste your Elixir, place a card when it reaches 10 Elixirs.
- Most of the time, you just need 5 Elixir difference to win the game.
What are Proactive cards?
Proactive Cards should be cards which can threaten the enemy Crown Towers and hard to made Elixir-positive trades. They are the cards you can play blind when it hits 10 Elixir. Don’t use any card which can’t deal a single damage to the Tower before it dies, that’s the rule #3 above.
- Minions: Most of the time, they can’t deal much damage before getting killed. Don’t use them proactively.
- Bad, easy to counter.
- Don’t waste 4 Elixir for this.
- Baby Dragon: Not bad, it’s not easy to counter tho and can deal hundreds damage to the enemy Towers.
- Other Good Proactive Cards: Knight, Giant, Valkyrie, Giant Skeleton, P.E.K.K.A,…
Use your Proactive cards when they don’t have any good Reactive Cards:
- Prince, Balloon, Minion Horde, and Hog Rider would be nice.
- If you know the opponent is holding a counter, don’t drop your Proactive card until that counter card is placed.
- Don’t use your Prince If the opponent hasn’t used the Tombstone yet. 3 Tombstones – 3 Princes = -6 Elixir = losing!
What are Reactive cards?
They are cards which help you do positive Elixir trades in the battle. Don’t bother to drop the Arrows on 1 Elixir Skeleton but a Minion Horde or the Skeleton Army.
- The upside: Most of the time, they will swing the battle in your favor.
- The downside: Sometimes the opponent cards are not easy to counter.
Reactive Cards and Matchups
Think clearly before using your reactive cards for the positive Elixir trades. Using 3 Elixir to deal with 2 Elixir is going to destroy your own Towers.
- Arrows > Minion Horde/Skeleton Army/Goblin Barrel.
- Arrows = Minions.
- Arrows < Spear Goblins.
Matchups matter at close level:
- Arrows can kill Spear Goblins, Minions but can’t kill Archers.
- Rocket can destroy equal level Goblin Huts and Elixir Collectors.
- A single Tombstone can kill equal level Hog Rider, Prince and Giant.
- can’t hit troops from the frozen Tombstone or freshly summoned troops.
- Don’t use Skeleton Amy to counter Witch or Wizard because they can deal AoE damage.
- A single Lightning Spell can kill equal level Witch, Musketeer and Wizards.
Trading HP Vs. Elixir
Never lose the sight of the end goal: Having more Crowns before the clock goes to 0:00. There is no difference between 1-0 and 3-0. One of the most common mistakes that I have seen is players focus on a defense instead of dealing damage to the enemy Towers, especially at the end of the battle. Your Crown Towers have decent HP and they can take care of themselves in an attack. Don’t Arrow a pack of 3 Goblins or Minions.
A Tower with 1 HP wins the game as much as a Tower with 1000 HP. Sometimes, just let your Tower take hundreds damage and spend those Elixirs on a Proactive cards, which can finish off the enemy Tower. Using the Prince in the opposite lane you are getting attacked is a good common trick. If both players have all Towers: Just keep defending because you still have lots of time to finish off the enemy Towers.
A big thanks to The_RumHam for sharing these tips.
I hope you could learn something new after reading this guide. Don’t forget to share this guide with your friends If you like it, I will really appreciate it, that will help this blog a lot!