Hi guys this is Mohammad Irfan with another guide for new players.
It will cover almost everything from the beginning till around Arena 7. Will continue the series in a few days.
Chossing a Deck
Well starting the game should be fine as all people are on same level (no legendaries for P2P).
The deck I highly recommend using is this one. I used to defeat lvl 6 king tower when I was level 1 myself. All cards were level 1 was just trying to see how high I can go as level 1!
This deck works great in lower arenas. I used this on my second account till around 1400+ trophies (and then replaced a few cards).
Some advice for using this deck:
The Mini P.E.K.K.A is tank killer with its high DPS. If you see a Giant Witch combo coming, kill Witch first then kill Giant, use support like Musketeer or Tombstone if required.
The Musketeer and Baby Dragon are anti-air units in order to deal with Balloons, Minions, Hordes etc.
Knight as always is the mini tank. He helps you earn positive trades with most glass cannon cards in low Arenas.
Tombstone to distract Prince, it counters him completely. Prince is used a lot here. In first Arenas, people don’t know how to counter him or usually don’t have the right counters.
Goblin Barrel and Prince are for offense. Barrel to chip away Tower.
If the opponents have Arrows, a trick that usually works vs new players is to throw Barrel at the corner.
Prince can be used to kill unsupported Giant then go for counter push.Also deals with glass Cannon and counter pushes.Use Zap to support him as people have Skeleton Army to counter it.
Arrows is well self-explanatory, Prince’s support, Skeleton Army killer etc.
Learn how to get positive Elixir trades
Players in low Arenas are not very skilled so focus on getting positive Elixir trades.
Don’t overcommit on any push (unless you use beatdown).
Watch your replays
To see where you lost and sometimes where you won too. It helps you know what could you have done better.
The best part is that you can also see your opponent’s and your Elixir bar and cards which is very helpful. Sadly, not many players do that (watching replays).
Each cards comes again in your hand after playing 4 cards same goes for you opponents.
Keep that in mind for your hard counter or any cards that you have to counter their win-condition.
Keep track of the opponent’s cards
Might be tough at the beginning but you will get used to it. This is another reason to watch replay give you a better idea.
Read more about the best tips for tracking opponent’s cards at here.
Keep tracking opponent’s Elixir
This is even tougher than remembering cards but helps a lot.
Even if you can get a precise idea just a rough idea, it might be enough.
For example if they Zap your Skeleton Army after they reached your Tower (with a huge push), it means they have just barely enough for Zap at that moment.
You can rush the opposite lane or counter their push positively then go for counter push (attacking same lame by supporting left-over troops) or split lane-push (attacking both lane).
Learn the best ways to manage your Elixir at here.
Join a Clan
Joining a Clan as early as possible is very good as you can get cards and level them up quickly enough (especially those commons).
Also at the beginning, donations, trades, and war rewards are a blessing. make sure you join a clan that devotes towards clan chest.
Check out the clan for this website too, just search clash.world.
A decent search in case you are looking for Clan.
Gems and Gold
The two most important things a CR player needs.
Gold can be obtained easily, used for upgrading cards or buying cards in shop. Gems on the other hand is harder to obtain and used for a lot of purposes.
Just because it is easily to be obtain does not means you can waste it!
Do not upgrade cards you don’t use.
I know we can get a lot of EXP but on my main account this was the mistake I did. I kept on upgrading all my cards to level up faster and it costs me now when I don’t have gold to get my commons to lvl 10 etc.
On my second account I did not repeat this mistake and it’s doing pretty decent right now.(3000+trophy at lvl 7 king and lvl 6 commons n lvl 4 rares).I don’t play on that much though.
How to earn gold
- From chests. Almost every chest has Gold. Read more at here.
- Donate cards. 1 common gives 5 gold, 1 Rare gives 50 gold and 1 Epic gives 500 gold. This is another good reason for not leveling up all cards as you can donate the cards you don’t use, especially those Epics.
- Daily Battles: You get some Gold from daily battles. Although it’s pretty low but still everything counts.
- Gold Rush:You can get a decent amount of Gold from this event.
Where to spend gold?
- Buy Cards you use: In the shop, if you see a card that you use in your deck, consider buying it with gold.
- Upgrade cards: Spend gold on the cards that you want to upgrade obviously. And make sure you will stick with those cards for a long time. If you have enough Gold to either upgrade card A to level 9 or card B to level 6, upgrade the card A to level 9.
- To buy Legendaries in shop. As a F2P player, this is one of the only ways to get the specific Legendary you want. However, since the odds of getting a legendary are higher and you can trade for them.
The ultimate currency in almost any game right now.
Can be obtained via various ways.
How to earn Gems?
- By unlocking Chests. Read more at here.
- By completing quests.
- By gettinig it for free sometimes in shop.
- Playing in Gem Rush event.
How to spend gems?
You should take a look at this guide for more details.
In short, spend them all in Challenges.
Cards You Should Focus On First
As a new player, you will want to focus on cards which can be used on both Challenges and Ladder. Also, the cards shouldn’t lose their powers throughout metas and can be used in a wide variety of decks.
Strongly recommended guides
- 20+ Best Battling Tips for New Players
- Top 5 Useful Tips for New Players
- 4 Essential Tips That New Players Should Keep In Mind